Raise your hand if you like to go on dates!
Yup — me, too. Now raise your hand if you don’t always want to spend money for dates. Yeah, also me. My husband and I love to go on dates but between paying off student debt and saving up for our future, our budget is limited.
Here’s the thing: spending intentional time with your spouse is important. Well, not just important but necessary. In this post, I even dive into and explain the Importance in Dating Your Spouse and how to make it a priority in your marriage.
I often think it’s easy for married couples to become so accustomed to each others presence that the pursuit of one another stops. However, relationships don’t become distant in one fell swoop but gradually over time from being disconnected.
Maybe you’re in a similar situation with trying to get out of debt or you don’t want to have to spend money every time you go on a date, but don’t let that stop you from going on dates. Just go on free dates! I have brainstormed for you 25 free date ideas that’ll make having more dates a no-brainer.
25 Free Date Ideas
1.Go for a walk around your neighborhood or park.
2. Do something active: hike, ride a bike, kayak – use whatever you own and get outside together.
3. Make tea or coffee and head to the coast, mountains, or an open area to watch the sunrise or sunset.
4. Build a blanket fort and then tell silly stories under it.
5. Grab your favorite snacks and stream a movie.
6. Play a board game.
7. Drive to your downtown area and stroll around the shops.
8. Cook a meal together and enjoy it with lit candles.
9. Visit your local festival or fair.
10. Play 20 questions and learn more about one another.
11. Attend a free movie or concert in the park.
14. Visit your states biggest roadside attraction.
15. Play an intramural sport together.
16. Join a book club.
17. Have a bonfire.
18. Make a meal for a friend.
19. Have your own baking competition: each person has 30 minutes to create the best dessert using only the ingredients you already own.
20. Go for a scenic drive.
21. Visit Trader Joe’s for free samples and to see what new products they’ve released.
22. Lie in a hammock together.
23. Volunteer at your church or a local organization.
24. Have a picnic.
25. Enjoy breakfast in bed.
Which of these date ideas are you going to try? Let me know in the comments!